Our fantastic gynaecologist Anne Henderson has worked as a consultant within the NHS and private sectors for 15 years. From running large-scale menopause clinics where she helped hundreds of women access then-pioneering body identical hormones, through to working with complementary practitioners to provide truly holistic care, Anne leads the way when it comes to caring, innovative, whole-woman focused practice.
Anne’s areas of clinical research are menopause, PMS and postnatal depression, with particular emphasis on the benefits of hormonal therapy for these conditions.
Anne is a strong advocate of multi-disciplinary care, and have included complementary therapies within her private practice for several years, working closely with Medical Herbalist, Anita Ralph – together they run Gynae Expert, a fantastic Integrated Gynaecology Clinic in Kent.
“We cover virtually every area of the body, because female hormones do! The hormones have a huge – and sometimes underestimated – impact on every element of a woman’s life. It’s a mistake to think we only deal with anatomy; gynaecology is a very much a holistic specialty.”
Meet Anne in this short video:
Three things Anne wants you to know as you approach menopause:
- Women should get themselves as fit and healthy as possible before menopause begins – prepare in your early 40s so you’re in great shape to approach menopause.
- Your bones and muscles could deteriorate, so focus on weight bearing and lifting exercises to build muscles and support your bones.
- Get educated – be aware of your gynecological health, and understand all the symptoms, including how menopause can affect your mental health.
Publications, qualifications and awards
- Studied Cambridge University, before completing clinical training at Guy’s Hospital in London (MA MB BChir, MRCOG).
- Consultant at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust for nearly 15 years and have a busy practice covering both obstetrics and gynaecology.