These pessaries are designed to treat Bacterial Vaginosis. This occurs when your pH in your vagina changes (goes above 4.5 pH level), which can happen during Menopause. It can also happen for a whole other number of reasons including pregnancy, tiredness and stress.
Vaginal pessaries use lactic acid to restore the vagina’s natural pH and vaginal flora, and to relieve BV symptoms. It also contains glycogen, which provides nutrients to encourage the growth of lactobacilli, a protective bacteria that helps to maintain a healthy balance inside the vagina. Pessaries are hormone and paraben free, so you can be sure that you’re staying safe and avoiding nasty side effects.The pessaries can be used whilst you are taking other medication and also whilst you may be bleeding and still be effective . Consider it a probiotic treatment for your vagina. This a different condition to thrush - where there is often no smell and intense itching.
BV gels are gentle to your vagina than hydrocortisone cream or a canesten type product.
What is Bacterial Vaginosis?
BV is a change in your vagina's PH - our vaginas are home to a species of bacteria, lactobacillus, which produces lactic acid and help to control the growth of other more harmful micro-organisms. If these deplete, your vagina can become less acidic and more prone to infections such as BV. Studies have shown that during and after going through the menopause, the level of lactobacillus in the vagina decreases, and the vaginal pH becomes less acidic, increasing the risk of infections.
It can cause the following symptoms
- A fishy smelling discharge
- A thin, watery or grey discharge
- Discomfort brought on by abnormal discharge.
BV is totally normal and natural. It can be caused by lots of things including:
- Internal washing – this can upset your vagina's natural balance (using perfumed washes)
- Perfumed ‘intimate hygiene’ products like sprays or scented liners
- Periods - a cycle can upset the balance of you pH
- Semen - with a slightly more acidic pH than your vagina it can upset your vagina
- Coil/ IUD
Who are Balance Activ?
Balance Activ are specialists in vaginal health. Their products mimic what the body does naturally and offers a dependable alternative to prescription medicines. Looking after your vagina as naturally as possible helps maintain its natural pH, fragrance and moisture. These products can be used with a water based lubricant such as yes yes water based lubricant to help ensure you don't experience painful sex or dryness.
How to use
Each box of Balance Activ contains 7 pessaries, used every day for a 7 day period.
1. To use Balance Activ® BV Vaginal Pessaries, wash hands and remove a single pessary from the foil wrapping.
2. Sit or lie down with knees bent and legs apart. Gently insert the pessary into the vagina as far as is comfortably possible using your fingers.
3. Wash hands again. Remember, the pessary should not be divided as it is intended for single use.
IngredientsLactic acid, Glycogen, Propylene glycol, Methylhydroxypropyl cellulose, Sodium lactate, Water
Size and Dosage
7 single Uses
Safety and ContraindicationsBalance Activ® BV treatment gel is safe to use during pregnancy, however, you should consult your doctor if you think you may have a vaginal infection during pregnancy. Avoid using Balance Activ® BV treatment gel if you are trying to conceive. Do not use if seal is broken or damage. Do not use if product has expired. Keep out of reach of children. Not suitable for children.
Results vary from person to person
No posts found