Our fantastic gynecologist Anne Henderson has worked as a consultant within the health sector for 15 years. From running large-scale menopause clinics where she helped hundreds of women access then-pioneering body identical hormones, through to working with complementary practitioners to provide truly holistic care, Anne leads the way when it comes to caring, innovative, whole-woman focused practice.
Anne’s areas of clinical research are menopause, PMS and postnatal depression, with particular emphasis on the benefits of hormonal therapy for these conditions.
Anne is a strong advocate of multi-disciplinary care, and have included complementary therapies within her private practice for several years, working closely with Medical Herbalist, Anita Ralph.
“We cover virtually every area of the body, because female hormones do! The hormones have a huge – and sometimes underestimated – impact on every element of a woman’s life. It’s a mistake to think we only deal with anatomy; gynecology is a very much a holistic specialty.”
Meet Anne in this short video:
Three things Anne wants you to know as you approach menopause:
- Women should get themselves as fit and healthy as possible before menopause begins – prepare in your early 40s so you’re in great shape to approach menopause.
- Your bones and muscles could deteriorate, so focus on weight bearing and lifting exercises to build muscles and support your bones.
- Get educated – be aware of your gynecological health, and understand all the symptoms, including how menopause can affect your mental health.
Publications, qualifications and awards
- Studied Cambridge University, before completing clinical training at Guy’s Hospital in London (MA MB BChir, MRCOG).
- Consultant at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust for nearly 15 years and have a busy practice covering both obstetrics and gynecology.